Thursday, March 9, 2017

Creative Get Togethers -Creating an Etched Wine Bottle Windchime

Hi
My friends and I recently came together for a creative crafternoon. We searched Pinterest for fun ideas. It was hard to choose, but finally decided on a wine bottle wind chime. I added a twist on the craft....etching!

Helpful hint: Pre-cut and sand the edges of your wine bottles several days before you are ready to etch them. 

I wanted to share with you a quick pictorial on how I created mine. The results are just magical!


Helpful hint: Pre-cut and sand the edges of your wine bottles several days before your party. 


applying stencil to the bottle

Easy Etch applied covering the stencil
15 min later scrap off , wash bottle




assembled wind chime

front close up
side close up


adding the wind sail



Here is a list of my supplies in case you want to try making one too!

DecoArt Easy Etch
Americana Outdoor Decou-page
Americana Multi-surface paint
Wine bottle
Bottle cutter
Rubbing alcohol
Palette knife 
Sandpaper
Painters tape
Chain
Key chain ring
Wooden ball for ringer
Wood for wind sail
Small screw eyes
Jump rings
Needle nose pliers


It was really fun to get together with my crafty friends. What an amazing time we had creating an etched wine bottle windchime. We can hardly wait to get together for our next amazing crafternoon!!

Happy Creating!
Shari


No comments: