Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A Craving to Create

Good Morning!

Were you wondering where I have been? Well, I was on an adventure in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. My sister shattered her hip so I flew up to see her during her recovery. I  was also able to visit friends and family that I hadn't seen in years. My sister says it was a blessing in disguise. She was so right!

I went up there with NO ART SUPPLIES!!!  I told myself that I was not going to have anytime to even consider art.

One day I felt something was missing. I needed my studio. I must create something, anything!!

 I googled Art Supply Stores and found the most fantastic store right in the heart of where I was staying! Runaway Art and Craft Studio's owner and mixed media artist/ teacher Christy Wood and her staff were so helpful and friendly. This store had everything I needed and some new stuff I had not seen before in my area that I couldn't live without.(oh and no sales tax!)







Here are the altered books I created  with  supplies from Runaway. The "Grow" book started out as an altered flower book but soon grew into a journal of my trip. 






My 4 yr old grandson is now helping me create in my "inspire" book.


I am now home and so grateful to have been able to make the journey up to help my sister through her healing, and to see those I have missed so very much.  This trip was so amazing in so many ways!! I too found healing and also growth that was so unexpected.  :)


Shari





 








No comments: