Thursday, October 23, 2014

You've Finished Up the Champange, Now What?


When the champagne is gone, the creativity begins!

What should I do with this wonderful black champagne bottle? I remember a class that Terri Sproul http://terrisproul.blogspot.com demonstrated awhile back using napkins.You separate the back of the napkin (white sheets) until you are left with a thin tissue like sheet with the image on it. You can use the whole image, or as in this case I cut out a portion of the napkin to use.
Tip: I had to apply several of the same image on top of each other because of the napkin colors and the bottle color. I used PPA to apply the napkin to the bottle. PPA works really well with thin papers like this napkin. Start from the center of the image and work your way to the edges.




After the image was dry, I sponged the bottle with:

DecoArt  Dazzling Metallics dark patina
Color box chalk black pigment ink
Dew drop memento gray flannel dye ink 
Dew drop Brilliance moonlight white 
Dew drop Brilliance cosmic copper 


I finished it with a decorative yarn wrapped around the neck of the bottle. 
Dig through that recycle bin, or better yet drink some champagne tonight so you can make this too!

 #recyclebottles  #DecoArtpaint  #halloweendecoration #skeletondecoration #metalliclookpaint #recyclecrafts


1 comment:

Jackie PN said...

I love it!! So cool Shari!